Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I Have a Confession to Make..

Okay so I don't know if you've ever done anything you feel ashamed of...

Today I went to help a friend move and afterward his wife bought lunch for those who helped. At first I was excited but when I saw what it was I was less than excited. At first I didn't know how to react, "do I smile and accept their kind jesture?" "do I yell at the top of my lungs and run the other way?" I didn't want to offend them but at the same time I didn't want to compromise my principles. In the end I accepted the jesture and went on my way back home.

On the way home I noticed that I hadn't eaten all day and I was growing hungry. Next to me in the car was my friends jesture of kindness calling me by name, "Joseph, I know you're hungry, eat me." I will admit, at first I was like, "heck no," but that didn't last. I stopped at Walmart and when I got back in the car I couldn't resist the temptation anymore. I did it. I ate a cheeseburger from Mickey D's. I know, I shouldn't have but I hadn't eaten in forever and what can I say, I'm imperfect. A few weeks ago I had a coke and now this. I was reluctant to tell Catherine but the guilt was unbearable. In a way I wanted to admit thatI liked it but the thought of admitting it made me feel dirty. Anyway, when I finally told Catherine she laughed. All that for nothing!

I will admit, even though I did enjoy the burger, I won't be giving up my life-long commitment to staying away from McDonalds. Not that I'm on some weird organic trip or against fast food all together; I just don't like McDonalds and I intend to keep it that way.

-JP

1 comment: