Thursday, May 27, 2010

Blog Update 2

So I kind of like that I don't have fancy or clever names for my blog entries; it helps conserve the creative juices for the actual entry.

Since I work graveyard I try to sleep during the day some time. Sometimes I sleep in the morning and on other days I sleep in the evenings. Today I didn't sleep and now am starting to feel the pains of trying to muster up the energy to stay awake. Fortunately I was able to study my scriptures without falling asleep:)

This morning Catherine woke me up to go to the park. It was spur of the moment and I ended up picking up breakfast from Chick-Fil-A. When we started our walk at the park I noticed that it had been a while since our last visit and the greenery had grown substantially. The moss in the lake had seemed to grow especially rigorous and reminded me of potential fresh water monsters that could be hiding. I don't know how many people know, but I have this irrational (or maybe not so irrational http://animal.discovery.com/tv/river-monsters/) fear of being in lakes and rivers. Not that the fear has ever stopped me from engaging in outdoor water activities; however, when I do, no joke, it's like the JAWS theme plays over and over in my head and all I can think about is getting out of the water. This experience always goes unnoticed by everyone else but it is ever present in my mind (at least when I'm around water) and I just get over it long enough to have fun and enjoy time with friends. If I have a choice between a river/lake and a pool/waterpark, it's a no-brainer, pool every time:)
-JP

No comments:

Post a Comment